The medical coding industry before COVID-19 made it easy for you. If you were outsourcing it was simply domestic versus global. Fast forward to this COVID-19 pandemic, the healthcare industry has been flipped on its head. Hospitals are expecting a surge in demand with an increasing number of testing, triage and positive COVID-19 patients needing hospitalization. This in the face of a short supply of hospital beds, ICUs, and ventilators, as well as temporary facilities being added as fast as possible. Medical coding is facing similar challenges to meet this growing demand.
New medical coding demands are on the rise: ED visits are up, telehealth specifically telemedicine usage has skyrocketed, and medical codes for COVID-19 testing and related services have been introduced.
In contrast, the supply of medical coders are constrained: on-site medical coding work has slowed, global coding vendors facing mandatory lockdowns has reduced productivity, and coders experienced in the high growth areas of ED and telehealth are in demand.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Are you prepared to handle the surge in ED, telehealth, and COVID-19 encounters?
- Do you need domestic flexibility now in light of disruptions in offshore services?
- Do you have enough remote AHIMA or AAPC certified coders at the ready if existing staff gets sick or is unable to work remotely?
How Aviacode Can Help Now
Aviacode has delivered superior medical coding and medical coding compliance services to large-scale healthcare systems, individual hospitals, physician groups, surgery centers, and imaging centers, as well as payers, for 20 years.
- Over 500 domestic remote AHIMA or AAPC certified medical coders
- Experienced in ED, telehealth, and COVID-19 new codes, along with all of the other standards of care
- Fast ramp up and knowledgeable in numerous EMRs including Epic, Cerner, athenahealth, Allscripts, Meditech and many more -- we welcome the opportunity to help you.
We have the right solution to fit your needs including: